Thursday, July 17, 2014

Subtext Part 2

Hopefully you've had time to explore the iPad app Subtext, and you are ready to create your own lesson. Here's how easy it is.

I created the Subtext lesson using an article from The Washington Post that I am pretty sure will be of interest to students. It is a great example of CCSS RI8.8--Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text. Subtext went out to the web and found the article.

Using activities already loaded into Subtext for that standard (how easy is that?), I was almost ready to go. I made sure only the grade 8 standard was showing. I also made a note in the text to help the students with the assignments. The lesson was ready!

When I assigned the lesson to a group, Subtext generated a code. Students used the code to access the lesson on Subtext.

Here's a quick YouTube video of my lesson.





What's great about Subtext is that the lesson can be shared. If you have a buddy classroom in another CCSS school, students in that class can be a part of the discussion. They just need the code. How interesting to see what students in another part of the United States would write!

ISTE Standard-S 2
ISTE Standards-T 1, 2, & 3

No comments:

Post a Comment